by Terry E. McSween
This book provides you with the tools and step-by-step procedures to create an effective, behavioral safety process that’s tailored to your company’s unique operation and needs. Stocked with worksheets, checklists, and decision guidelines that expedite planning and implementation, this resource enables you to:
- Accurately assess your organization’s current safety environment.
- Build management support for a values-based safety process.
- Maintain a high level of employee involvement.
Table of Contents:
- Safety Basics
- The Vision
- A Values-Based Behavioral Safety Process
- The Safety Assessment Management Overview and Initial Workshops
- Final Design
- Step 1: Establish Purpose and Milestone Targets
- Step 2: Create the Safety Observation Process
- Step 3: Develop Feedback and Involvement Procedures
- Step 4: Establish Safety Incentives
- Step 5: Plan Training and Kickoff Meetings
- Step 6: Provide for a Variety of Ongoing Support Programs
- Conduct a Management Review
- Implement the Behavioral Safety Process
- Maintain the Behavioral Safety Process
- Some Practical Suggestions
- Advanced Topics: Why it Works and Behavioral Basics
- Case Studies
- Select Bibliography