by Glenn I. Latham
Virtually every major study about compelling needs in education places classroom management at or near the top of the list. This book is designed to help teachers and educators create a positive learning environment for children and students of all ages. Dr. Latham addresses six important topics as they relate to managing student behavior and what teachers can do to create an environment in the classroom that will facilitate effective instruction.
- Principles of human behavior
- The application of behavioral principles in school settings
- Getting and keeping students on task
- Improving the quality of teacher-to-pupil interactions: Traps to avoid
- Increasing the frequency of successful student responding
- Controlling classroom distractions