by Karen Pryor
Karen Pryor’s clear and entertaining explanation of behavioral training methods made Don’t Shoot the Dog! A bestselling classic. Now this revised edition presents more of her insights into animal-and human-behavior. A groundbreaking behavioral scientist and dynamic animal trainer, Karen Pryor is a powerful proponent of the principles and practical uses of positive reinforcement in teaching new behaviors. Here are the secrets of changing behavior in pets, kids-even yourself-without yelling, threats, force, punishment, guilt trips∨ shooting the dog.
In this book you will find:
- The principles of the revolutionary clicker training method, which owes its phenomenal success to its immediacy of response-so there is no question what action you are rewarding.
- Eight methods of ending undesirable habits-from furniture-clawing cats to sloppy roommates.
- The 10 laws of shaping behavior-for results without strain or pain through affection training.
- Tips for house-training the dog, improving your tennis game, or dealing with an impossible teen.
- Explorations of exciting new uses for reinforcement training.
Valued around the world by pet trainers as well as psychology professors.